All Pro Auto Body
There are always a few shady scam artists lurking around in every city and I happened to fall for it: I got scammed by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" posing as mobile auto body specialists.
Three scam artists approached me and said they could fix my door dent for $300, but you get what you pay for (or do you?). They tried to *** out this dent then covered up the botched job by smearing red glazing putty (pink stuff) in which they called "rubber compound" to hide the job. It will look like they just waxed it, and they claim that when it dries after a few days, it will be good as new after you wash or polish it off. In reality, all they did is take a simple repair and make it a very costly one. After removing the so-called "compound", I found they added new damages to my door panel. Additionally, they spray painted some scratches on my back bumper the WRONG COLOR!
Make sure that anyone you are dealing with is legitimate by calling the company and asking questions regarding services and location. Most legitimate businesses have lettered trucks, signs, e-mail, websites, business cards and referrals.
If a scam artist like this approaches you, please call your local police department. You can ask for the Consumer Fraud Division. Any obtainable information such as a description of the scam artists or their vehicle license plate number would greatly help. DON'T GIVE INTO THESE SCAM ARTISTS. They even asked me to throw in a tip! There are unsavory people out there looking to make a buck no matter what it takes, especially with the economy the way it is. Unfortunately the these "˜people' or PIRATES, as I've read, target the older folks and women…which was me. Be very LEERY of someone who approaches you either in a parking lot or by actually knocking on your front door to perform work. After extensive research I've learned they should have a current city business license, produce at least 3 reputable references, guarantee their work with a work order, accept other methods of payment besides cash, and be found by a reliable source. If not, get their license plate# and call the police!!!
Here are the 3 guys to be weary of (of course..they are all probably fake names). They travel the inland empire of California as well as Orange County as far as I know.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
All Pro Auto Body (Green business card, but may pose as others businesses as well)
Dents and bumper repair call cell 602-614-5784 ask for Steve or Vince
909-391-6391 (disconnected # on the business card)
909-275-9543 (belongs to "Anthony" who cussed me out & told me to *** off)
"Vince Petro" - brown hair/eyes, skinny, light skinned, goatee, claims he's Russian but looks Hispanic
Anthony - black hair/eyes, chubby/overweight, looks Mexican but claims to be Russian, no older than 25, poor English grammar when he speaks
Michael - black hair/eyes, very dark, looks Mexican but didn't claim to be Russian, he was the quiet one.
They drove around in a red 4-door Silverado.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Door Dent Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "Hi, I had Hercules tires installed on my 2009 jeep patriot July 17 / 2013 size P215/70/0R16.The first thing I noticed is that my jeep was very rough driving and the..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "NastyGal is such a rip-off website! NastyGal's prices are WAY over inflated compared to other stores!!! I don't know how women fall for it! It's not like you're paying premium..."
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."